Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ask and Ye Shall Receive

I have been blessed with a lot of things in recent years and have learned to pray for things that I need or even want, and I am amazed that Heavenly Father listens and helps me to get those things. The first one that comes to mind was when I was pregnant and working full time building fences. We had a cheap mattress, and my body ached every morning. We looked at some mattresses, but they were expensive. I prayed that we would be able to find a good mattress that wouldn't cost us too much. The next day my mom called me at work and said she saw a new posting in the newspaper for a king sized mattress set. We called on it and it turned out to be a very expensive set that had been a floor model, and was half the price of the ones that we had been looking at.
A few years later I was wedding dress shopping with a friend who was frustrated with the cost of the dresses. We had been to several shops, but she was getting increasingly stressed by the price tags. We stopped at one last store. As we parked the car I told her that maybe we should pray and ask for a beautiful dress, but one that doesn't cost too much. I said a silent prayer as we walked to the entrance. As we entered, my cell phone rang. It was my brother, he asked what I was doing, and I told him we were wedding dress shopping. He invited me to his sister-in-law's birthday party and we hung up. A couple of minutes later he called back and offered his wife's wedding dress for my friend to borrow. We rushed over to their house and she tried it on. It fit perfectly and she looked beautiful, and she only had to pay the cost of the cleaning!

3 comments:

Jill said...

Hey Crystal I am amazed at how that works for you. You are a very faithful person. Pierce's water table is proof of that. Sometimes it works as well for me, because I prayed for a talented, beautiful, courageous friend and I got you. What did you pray for: a crazy person that you wanted to help? Love ya much.

Jill said...

Oh and can you stop praying for people to help, because whenever you do something goes wrong in my family.

Vali said...

Crystal, it is really cool to read about of your experiences. It made me realize that I complain way too much. Instead, I should to be more grateful for all the things I have and for my American family. Salutari la familia ta!