I was listening to NPR the other day and they had some sort of Doodle specialist on talking about the importance of doodling even for adults. He said that if adults did it more often then the youth would do it more because it would be important. My brothers have been working on art portfolio's for high school and college classes and watching them, my son has recently discovered the love of drawing. He loves it and draws about 10 or more pictures a day.The doodle expert said that most people stop doodling because at some point we decide that we aren't any good.
On two occasions my son has come to me and asked for safety pins. When I asked what for he said,
"So I can stick my picture on my shirt and show my friends" Then excitedly with a big grin he added, "They're going to Love it!" I helped him tape it on his shirt (had to snap a photo as shown) and he ran off to knock on the neighbor's door to show them. As I watched him run out the door, I was hoping that he would return just as convinced that they loved it. Wouldn't the world be a different place if all of us felt like that about everything we do?

2 comments:
That is so wonderful!
Thank you, beautiful mother, for sharing that. I love how you write. I could just 'see' all that happening.
Post a Comment