Friday, April 3, 2009

Playing House

Time flies when you're un-packing! It seems like we've only been here a couple of weeks, but the calendar is telling me elsewise. On the first Sunday we were here someone asked me what I would be doing the next day and I said, "I don't know, I guess just play house with the kids" and that is pretty much what it has felt like. It still feels like a vacation home in a lot of ways. But, we are having fun.

Mommy loves the dishwasher, the windows, the big shower, the DEEP comfortable tub, the walk-in pantry, the washer & dryer, the master bathroom, the laundry room, the garage, and office. Daddy likes everything mommy does, plus the big TV we got for a deal with the entertainment center, and the walk-in closet/changing room. The kids love having their own rooms, lots of new friends, a park accessible all day, the dirt hill in the back, and the "racing track" (they run laps from the front door through the front room, dining room and into the kitchen and then back pushing their doll strollers.)

It is fun to have a daughter, because she enjoys "playing house" and helping out a lot more than my son. She loves to help me load & unload the dishwasher and the dryer, and helps me wad-up clothes after their dry. Her job is to put the kitchen towels away. Sometimes she gets distracted and pulls out a "teao" (Which by the way is the same word she uses for cow--but in this case she is referring to a towel--or wash cloth) and wipes down everything in sight. She will sit on the counter for hours and "wash dishes" if I let her, but she ends up washing the cabinets, counters and floor in the process.

We got a little step-stool for the pantry, but she has claimed it as her own "ahn See" (translation--I want to see!) So she follows me around the kitchen while I make dinner repeating "ahn see, mommy, ahn see" pushing her stool and climbing up for the closest look. I keep reminding myself someday I will miss her eagerness to learn and help.

3 comments:

em&m said...

Yay! Aren't "grown up" kids so much more fun than babies!?

bcwain said...

It's a Crystal in the making!

Tiffany J said...

Brady LOVES dishes...when, where or why he chose that is beyond me but I welcome it anytime...now if I could only get Steve to be that eager to help ha ha ha