
So my daughter got her first skinned knee sometime yesterday, but noticed it last night, and it turned into an hour long sob-session and "ahhhhh, doh chachih" (don't touch it) until I finally tricked her into a bath and then her brother convinced her to get a bandage on it, and carefully un-wrapped it for her. After 2 hours of watching a movie, with intermitted whining, the crisis calmed.
It surprized me because we've always said she has such a high pain tolerance--maybe it's blood--only it didn't bleed. Scratch-a-phobic? Does that exist?
This is the same kid my husband calls "chop chop" because she was helping me cut meat and mistook my hand for the chicken breast...which leads me to where she probably got it...when she cut my hand it was on the knuckle and not too deep, but thinking about all the raw chicken juice all over my hands, and then the added pain of cleaning it out sent me into a "I don't feel so goo---was that a seizure?" Let's just say luckily Grandma was there. The doctor assured us it happens all the time, there's a fancy word for it like imabigbabyandcanthandleit shock. He said it usually happens when they tell big football players that they have to get a shot. So I guess what I am complaining about is I passed it on to my daughter--let's just hope we both get over it before she has to get stitches or brakes a bone! The good news is the chicken turned out okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment