We have had some fun experiences with telephone calls in this family. There was the fast sunday when we were getting ready to pray over dinner when the phone rang. Standing right next to the phone I instinctively picked it up and quickly said, "Dear Heavenly Father, we're so thankful for this foo......ahhhhh!!! and then hung up not wanting to know who it was. Moments later the phone rang again and it was handed to me, "Well I'm not the real thing, but I'll pass the word along," came the smug reply from my uncle.
A couple of years ago Gary was playing with the phone and we could tell he had called someone, so we took it away and hung it up. Gary responded by flailing himself back and hitting his head on the headboard. A few seconds later the phone rang---uh oh, it was the 911 operator asking if there was an emergency. Apparently that is who he had called. My mom assured her that it was just the baby playing and that everything was okay--even though there was a baby screaming in the background because we took the phone away. After she hung up I wondered how they know if it just wasn't an abusive parent pretending like everything was ok. About 20 minutes later, I got my answer as a policeman appeared in the bedroom doorway with my husband who had been outside washing the car and knew nothing about the phone call. We both pointed to the little caller, assured everything was okay, he left. Over the next hour or so our phone rang several times more as each curious neighbor called.
We have a business line that rings in the office. On more than one occasion, I have happened to walk by and notice my son chatting away on the office phone, usually to someone who has called for the business. Once I found out that they had chatted for several minutes. He is pretty quick, so anytime I hear the business phone ring and cannot locate my son, there is a race to get there first! Anyone need an answering service?
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! I can't tell you how much fun Brady has on phones! I decided to give him my old cell phone and I find him chatting things up a bit on that now. However, I have to constantly hang my phone up or I KNOW we'd be receiving the same type of visitor! ha ha
Post a Comment