

One of the best superpowers a mother is endowed with is the ability to kiss just about any "owie" better. It will be a sad day when my children either don't want me to kiss it better, or when it just doesn't have the same effect anymore, but until then, I love every chance I get to magically make it all go away.
Sara has learned to make audible kissing noises. As soon as she hurts you, and hears "ouch!" she immediately kisses it better. The other day I was in a waiting room and she just kept kissing my arm repeatedly. I thought it was cute, but didn't know why the sudden display of affection. Then I realized that she was kissing each of my freckle "owies" better.
My mom told me that yesterday Gary showed her his latest "owie" and when she went to kiss it better, he stopped her and said, "Sara already did!" I guess moms aren't the only ones with magic kisses!


2 comments:
This is a great post! Cute pictures! I couldn't help but relate to your last post about "judgment" based on attitudes and parenting... I too have had SO many friends, family and church friends really give me "what for" for doing and taking care of Brady the way I have. All I have to say is, "AMEN" to your observations and the things you have learned. People really can say mean things. I'm sorry you were hurt.
I'm thinking you learned kissing it better from you Mom. I love kissing my grandson's heads and holding them.
Post a Comment