Monday, June 23, 2008

"I love you Mommy"

I just had a birthday not too long ago, but my favorite gift was when Gary, just out of the blue got a sweet no-teeth-showing grin and then said, "I love you Mommy." It is the first time that he has said it to me without me saying it first. Then yesterday he was going to do something, but stopped and came back to me saying, "I need to kiss you first." He melted my heart once again with his sweet words and tender kiss. He'll be starting a special needs pre-school in August and I am realizing, my time with him at home is going by faster than I expected. Sara is too little to say "I love you", but a couple of months ago I got a great 2-3 minute hug around the neck in Church that brought tears to my eyes and made it in a journal entry and several times she has given me little slobbery kisses too. Those are the moments that make it all worth it!

3 comments:

GregR said...

Happy Birthday June 20th. I thought of you and I'm glad you started this Blog so I can keep in touch with you better and see those cute kids. Hope the preschool goes well for Gary. I bet he'll do wonderful.
Janet

Teacher Mama said...

Hi Crystal,

I'm so glad I can start keeping better tabs on you. Welcome to the blogging community. I am so glad you had such a sweet birthday present from Gary. I'll never forget that Logan's first laugh was on Mother's Day. That memory is one of my treasures.

Tiffany J said...

Happy Belated Birthday and I am so glad you are seeing positive changes in Gary. That's so reassuring and relieving! He's going to do great because he has a great mother. Thank you for the support too! I appreciate it all.