Saturday, October 8, 2011

It's cute when they don't talk "bery well"




There are some things that I don't want to forget said in their 4 year old way...

  • "lellow"
  • "I can't say that bery well"
  • "just lax mom" (relax)
  • "We gotta read scrippers!"
  • "Nobody's hugging me" :(
  • I miss my grandma in "Mania"
  • "Barbie pins"
  • "Mushmallows"
  • "Mom can we go to 'Old MacDonald's' and get a hamburger?"
  • "Mom, how's the baby?" (which started when I was pregnant, and I think it slips still out of habbit.
  • "Do it!" (like when someone stops rubbing her back or playing with her hair)
  • "Stooop!"
  • Every time she greets Grandpa she says "WHAT'S ALL THIS BRU HA HA!" because that's what he would say when he came home to the rowdy house.
  • "Mom, is it a hot day, or a cold day, or a warm day?" (when choosing what outfit to wear)
  • "This day?"--she'd get confused when I would tell her she could sleep over at grandma's today, she'd be upset that it was only one night when I said "two day" so now she asks, "This day?" then, "One day or two days?"
S- "Where's the peanut butter?"
Me- "On the Counter"
S- "What Counter Counter?" said in her little four year-going-on-13 year old attitude


S- "Mom!" (just checking to make sure I'm there when out of sight)
Me-"What?"
S- ... "I so love you"
Me "I love you more"
S- "Okay, we both win"

"Mom, Go Straight." Which had to be said everytime I left the house. I think it was her way of saying hurry home (as in go straight home after school). Gary told her that was stupid because if I went straight I would run into that house at the end of the road, so she revised it....
"Mom, Go Straight, when you see our house turn, if you don't see our house don't turn. Go straight." She would say it as she hugged me goodbye or run out to the car and tell me every time I'd leave for work. Once or twice she'd forget and then my cell phone would ring as I was driving out of the neighborhood she'd tell me she'd forgot to tell me something....

S- "Mom, can I_____?"
Me-"I don't know"
S- "What do you mean? You're my mother, you know everything!"

4 comments:

Teacher Mama said...

What a sweetie! I have really loved 4 too. I wish I could just keep Logan this way. Sarah's I love you comment was so cute. This week while I was driving, I told Logan I loved him, and he didn't respond. I said it again, to which he simply responded, "I heard you the first time." Ha ha!

Mama Janet said...

What a fun little companion she is.

bcwain said...

You forgot, "I want to watch a woovie" (movie).
I'm so glad you wrote these. I don't want to forget.

bcwain said...

also she says scip-purs for scriptures and baby sister for baby siter.