For Christmas we gave him a little bike we got second-hand and bought some training wheels for it. He has loved it, but has been panicked any time the training wheels came loose. He never let us raise them at all.
But since we've lived here he's been riding bikes with the neighbor kids a lot and came in one day and excitedly said, "Mom, Mom, I popped my wheel --Come see!"
A little confused I asked, "You mean you popped a wheely?"
"Oh yeah, Come see!"
I told him if he could pop wheelies, then it was time to take the training wheels off. So the next time one came loose, we practiced riding around the driveway once with just one training wheel, and then I took them off. Within minutes he was callling me to see what he could do.
Although you can't really tell from the video there is a significant slope from the man hole down to the paved road. In the video he rode from about half-way, but by the end of the night he was going down from the top!
Come See!
3 comments:
Thanks for the video. You spend good time thinking about your children! They have a great mom in their corner!
He's a brave little boy, like his Mommy and Daddy daring and willing to take risks. Happy Birthday Daddy!
That's awesome! Oh to have a fun street to ride bikes on...one day! I LOVE your place! So fun!
Post a Comment