I have heard something about "muscle memory" with violinist and gymnasts, that they do something so often, that their muscles remember and do it precisely each time. As a mom I have acquired a muscle memory of my own. My hand muscles have how to bury a syringe into a medicine bottle and with amazing accuracy remove 1tsp of liquid without looking. I have been shocked each day this week as I administer the latest meds how accurate I can get it each time.
Another new skill I am working on this week is that of ice smashing. Gary found my bundt cake pan and his eyes got big, his mouth opened wide and then he said, "I got idea!!! Lets make ice, a big huge one! That be great?" I agreed and we filled the pan about 1/3 the way full and put it in the freezer. Ten minutes later he checked and there was an icy crust around the edges. While I was making a sandwich after he got home from preschool he pushed a chair over to the freezer and instead of a Popsicle pulled out the huge ice cube. We put water on it and I handed the ice ring back to him. He wasn't sure what to do with it, then it dropped and shattered all over! "That was cool!" We picked up the pieces and threw them outside shattering them on the cement wall and stairs it was fun. We drew on the hot cement and watched it disappear, and then went back in and filled it 1/2 full. First thing this morning Gary & Sara were pulling out the ice and we played again. Now we have one full to the brim in the freezer.
Later huge seed pods were found at a neighbors and used as swords. Gary likes to cut things, so we cut one in half to see what it was like inside. Even I was surprised at what we found. It is fun being a part of the childhood discoveries and experiments again.
1 comment:
Sounds like you've been having fun. It is great to be in a kids world again. Today we made bug eyes out of egg cartons and flew around buzzing. I love it. I think now I need to find a bundt cake pan!
Post a Comment