Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lucky Day

Several years ago I read an article that suggested giving junk mail to your children to play with.  At the time this one was just a baby, and it was nice to give her something to tear up that I didn't worry about. Still to this day, it is her treasure.  Whenever there is a large pile of junk mail she gets so excited! "Oooh," she says, "Can I keep this one?" "Do you need that?"....
On this particular day I spent hours cleaning up and organizing the office, filling a garbage can in the process.  She was quietly playing behind me while I paid bills.  When I turned around, she had completely surrounded herself in everything that I had thrown away and exclaimed,
"Mom, it's my lucky day!"  

2 comments:

Tiffany J said...

Totally her lucky day! Look at that smile! ha ha

Teacher Mama said...

Ha ha ha! I am TOTALLY going to start doing that with Logan! He loves collecting junk. :)