My first grader is loving writing lists and making math books. He loves to write his own math problems on a legal pad while we are driving in the car, and he is getting good at math! Today he was writing 10 x 10 =100 100 x 100=1000, etc on our short drive to church. Lying in bed tonight we were making plans for tomorrow. He and his dad had a "fun day" yesterday at a mini golf place, and he wanted to go back tomorrow for Family Night. I told him "Maybe" and he was concerned because he didn't know what that meant. Then he suggested a bounce house place as an alternative. I told him that on Thursdays it only costs $4 per person, so that would be a better day. He instantly said, "Then we would need $16."

The other night when I got home from work I was presented with a list. I am not exactly sure what the list was for...I think it started out a menu order and then turned into a grocery or packing list, but I thought it was so cute, written on both sides of a used envelope, that I had to preserve it.
Here is what he wrote:
Garys list
Mom
fun fris
wodr
ornj jos
stak
sop
kis
plat
knif
roobe flot
(*translation -Gary's list for Mom: french fries, water, orange juice, steak, soap, kiss, plate, knife, rootbeer float)
1 comment:
hehe funny! nice he's got the initiative to write :P
Post a Comment