The other night out of the blue my son was climbing into bed and rather sheepishly, yet matter-of-factly said,
"Mom I want to get a girlfriend."
That was about the last thing I expected him to say.
"You do?"
"Yeah, I'm going to get a Transformer that changes into a car, and buy a girlfriend."
--Curse that movie! He didn't see it on my watch!
"Do you know what a girlfriend is?"
Blushing a bit and pulling the covers partly over his head, he spoke through a shy grin, "Yes, it's a girl...that's cute."
"Is there a girl you think is cute?"
"Yes."
"Who?"
"Sara"
"Do you know what a girlfriend is?"
Blushing a bit and pulling the covers partly over his head, he spoke through a shy grin, "Yes, it's a girl...that's cute."
"Is there a girl you think is cute?"
"Yes."
"Who?"
"Sara"
"Oh.. you're right, she is cute, isn't she."
Update:
More details came out in a bedtime story. The story as revealed to Grandma had a part where he kissed a certain "P..." on the lips. As suspected, I think the girlfriend is a preschool love.
3 comments:
cute. I can totally picture his shy smile while telling you this. What an honest kid you are raising. He's awesome.
On a similar note I put Julia into tears after she told me she was going to marry Liam when she grew up. I told her sisters don't marry their brothers. I told her she would grow up and get a boyfriend and marry him. She told me she didn't want a boyfriend and she just wanted to marry Liam. Seriously devastated the child. I told her we'd talk about it when she was older and let her continue making plans.
you have such cute kids! Love the letters1 Also, can I please get the new address so I can send you guys a Christmas card? Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving! Love you guys :)
He is such a sweet boy...So Lisa said one day, Mommy when I grow up can I marry John and live with you and Daddy". It reminded me.
Post a Comment