.jpg)
I just have to write a few funny things my kids have said as they are starting to use new phrases and terminology. The one that sparked this entry was just after I had had the talk with my 4 year old, the one that I wish I didn't have to have until he was 10 or more, but alas, this is the world we live in... anyway, I was walking by and heard him from the bathtub say, "Don't!... that's my favorite part!" spoken like a true man. On the subject of bathtubs (or our indoor pool as we like to call it) my son asked me to get him some "gobbles" for his bath. When I asked him what he needed them for he said so that he could see under the water while he swims.
We were riding a public bus last week and he turned around and noticed the man sitting behind us covered in tatoos. "Mommy, what did he do?" he asked rather loudly. The man sort of chuckled as I searched for something to say. Then embarrassed he said to me, "Mommy he heard me!" which seemed to shock him almost as much.
After a little roadrash from sliding on the loose gravel on the road in front of our house, my kids and I decided it was time to sweep it up. I filled the dust pan and my daughter emptied it into a bucket, my son found a stick that was frayed and worked hard scraping away at the pavement. At one point he stopped and said, "We are working really hard." I agreed. Then he continued, "We are learning lots of money!" I was hoping to teach other things, but we'll work with what we get!
We were riding a public bus last week and he turned around and noticed the man sitting behind us covered in tatoos. "Mommy, what did he do?" he asked rather loudly. The man sort of chuckled as I searched for something to say. Then embarrassed he said to me, "Mommy he heard me!" which seemed to shock him almost as much.
After a little roadrash from sliding on the loose gravel on the road in front of our house, my kids and I decided it was time to sweep it up. I filled the dust pan and my daughter emptied it into a bucket, my son found a stick that was frayed and worked hard scraping away at the pavement. At one point he stopped and said, "We are working really hard." I agreed. Then he continued, "We are learning lots of money!" I was hoping to teach other things, but we'll work with what we get!
1 comment:
Thanks for the laugh! We miss you guys.
Post a Comment